Pine sol is one of those things that just take you back to your childhood. Walking into a clean smelling home just makes your day right? Pine sol has that fresh clean smell. It is also pretty good at getting the job done rather than just masking the odors of a dirty home. It also has several other household uses you don’t want to miss. I love finding uses for things around the house like Scrubbing Bubbles.
Amazing uses for Pine-Sol
1. Removing grease and blood from laundry. This one was found on accident. I won’t lie. One day there was a bit of an accident that led to blood-soaked clothes. While al was well after a couple days healing and no stitches were needed we discovered that finger bleed, a lot. We also just so happened to be out of laundry detergent and I was worried about leaving blood on the clothes for too long. Tossed in a bit of Pine Sol and everything came out looking new. Later when I worked a fast food job I discovered a Pine-Sol soak is the best way to get grease out of the white shirts they had us wearing.
2. Flying insect killer. This one works out great for you. Mix 80% Pine Sol with 20% water and use as a spray to hit flys, wasps, and other flying insects. It takes them down fast and leaves the area smelling great. IF you happen to hit something besides the insect just grab a microfiber cloth and give it a good cleaning while you are at it.
3. Mix half water and half Pine Sol together and dump into your trash cans to keep critters out. The smell is a great deterrent and your cans get cleaned as well. After trash pick up spray your can down with a hose and then repeat. You will never have dirty trash cans again and the critters will go knock someone else’s over instead. Not that this is the same reason you do not want to use large amounts of Pine-Sol in your home if you have pets.
Melissa & Doug Food Groups – 21 Hand-Painted Wooden Pieces and 4 CratesMy Food Journal; Kids Food Journal – Daily Nutrition / Food Workbook: Kids Writing Journal For Daily Meals; Food Groups; Healthy Eating Kids Journal For Boys/Girls (Volume 1)Myplate Nutrition Felt Figures for Flannel Boards- Includes: Lesson Guide+ Vegetables, Fruits, Grains, Dairy, Protein PrecutWhat’s on My Plate?: Choosing from the Five Food Groups (Lightning Bolt Books Healthy Eating)Health and Nutrition 4 Kids: The Five Food Groups100 ~ Food Group Foam Stickers ~ 1 1/2Magnetic Food Picture Cards and Menu Planner- AUTISM, ALZHEIMERS, SPD, SPEECH, APRAXIA, DEMENTIAMelissa & Doug Sticker Pad – Make-a-Meal, 225+ Food StickersLittle Folks Visuals LFV22413 My Pyramid, Different Food Groups Flannel Boards
4. Clean up the patio furniture. Pine Sol is great for cleaning away the winter mess in your outdoor space dilute and use to wash everything from the deck to the fabric seat cushions. After washing the patio furniture dump the bucket onto your finish patio and give that a scrub too.
5. To clean your stainless steel without the hassle use Pine-sol. As much as I love the stainless steel kitchen because let’s face it I have kids and it is super easy to sanitize I hate streaks and fingerprints all over. Dilute 1/2 cup Pine Sol in 1-gallon water and wipe your appliances from top to bottom in straight lines. Follow with warm water and a quick buff with a microfiber cloth.
More ways to use Pine Sol
– Keep cats from using an area as a bathroom – When we had guests with animals the cats left there mar which made our male cat decide to do the same. The scent of Pine Sol makes the cat want to avoid the area. Kinda like it does to my son that was very unhappy with me for buying it.
– Shampoo animal accident – Pine Sol works great in our carpet cleaner and was ultimately one of the vital items that helped save our carpet after our guests left.