Money is tight these days for everyone but those of us with families find that pinch just a bit tighter. Feeding a family on a budget can be a tough one with the price of food going up every day. As parent’s we all know the one thing that disappears faster than the paycheck is the food in the fridge. Here are a few ways to help cut your grocery bill.
Cut your grocery bill with these easy tips
- Meal plan. Everyone seems to hate planning meals out but when you do you reduce waste of food you bought and forgot about. You can take advantage of sales and you are less likely to choose to eat out.
- Buy meat in bulk. Bulk meat prices are lower and you can get higher quality meats. A deep freezer can make buying deals like half a cow a true blessing to your family.
- Check for manager special meats and freeze when you get home. These meats are reduced for quick sale as the exasperation date is just around the corner. Cooking or freezing same day lets you take advantage of the reduced price for your family. –>More Money Saving Meat Tips<–
- Buy produce in large quantities at you-pick farms. $2 for 25 pounds of tomatoes can make a lot of home-made pasta sauce, salsa, and dice tomatoes for canning or freezing.
- Use those leftovers. Hide leftovers in new meals to reduce complaints but get that food used rather than tossed. Use them for lunches, freeze mashed potatoes to use to thicken soups.
- Coupons and sales are a great way to lower your bill. Save time by using money-saving sites like Money Saving Mom find the deals.
- Learn to cook from scratch. Buying premade products really does not save you time or money and learning to make items yourself helps you get more for your money as staples like flour and sugar can make many things.
- Shop Sam’s Club and Costco for bulk items at a lower cost. We find buying staples we use a lot of to be worth the trip and go at least once a month. Even better you can shop online and everything you need is ready for pick up and you can skip the getting sucked into buying more then you need from walking down the isles. –>Check Groupon for store membership sales<–