We love fudge. Has something to do with being a Michigan Girl. I remember my uncle bringing fudge home from one of the factories he worked at up on Macanac Island. The best fudge ever. Sadly I have never had the opportunity to visit the island myself and hope to take my children on a field trip that way sometime. In the meantime, we are forced to endure homemade fudge in all of the flavors I can concoct… Like my Espresso Fudge. mmhhmmm
This simple Andes Mint fudge has that creamy texture I love with that fresh mint flavor any fan of Italian cuisine has grown to love. And it takes next to no time to make. Whether you want to indulge in this fudge after a long hard day or make as the perfect homemade gift for loved ones this fudge.
What you need for DIY Andes Mint Fudge
The key ingredient is pretty straight forward for this one. Andes mints. Only the thought of chopping them can be a bit overwhelming. Lucky you near the chocolate chips at your local grocery store you will find bags of Andes baking chips!
- 1-bag Andes mint baking chips
- 2 cups mini Marshmallows
- 1-5oz. can evaporated milk
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
How to make your own DIY Andes Mint Fudge
- Heat milk, butter, and sugar in a medium sauce pan on low heat until combined. or in the microwave, for 1-minute stir to combine.
- Add in Andes baking chips and mini marshmallows at the same time. Stir and heat until everything is melted.
- Pour into choice molds.
- Top with a few baking chips or a sprinkle of sugar for looks. (Optional)
- Cool overnight or until solid.
- Store in an air tight container.
Want to give this as a gift for the hostess of the next dinner party you attend or for the holidays? Try placing in a vintage style Ball Canning Jar. Add a green ribbon and enjoy.