Fall is in full swing here already. The crisp cool air feels so good and has me in the mood for all things pumpkin and apple. One thing we like to make in the fall is quick breads like this chocolate chip pumpkin bread. Quick bread is easy to make and makes a great snack, dessert, or quick breakfast addition. This one tastes so good with fresh butter or homemade cinnamon butter.
This pumpkin bread is the companion to these chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. The kids just love when we have fun treats around the house and I love when I can whip more than one thing up at a time with a batch of ingredients. This means we can use the same mixing bowls for only one clean up.
While this makes a great breakfast bread there are so many great options for pumpkin breakfast foods. Like pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin pie spice syrup. If you wanna have a little fun this bread makes a great chocolate chip pumpkin french toast!
How to make quick chocolate chip pumpkin bread
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease or spray (with non-stick cooking spray) two standard sized bread pans.
- Beat the butter with a handheld or stand mixer until creamy and then add in the sugar and beat until nicely mixed. Add in eggs and pumpkin puree and mix to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips and nuts. Slowly incorporate them into the wet ingredients mixing as you go.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pecans, reserving a small amount for the top of the loaves.
- Pour batter into bread pans and bake for 65-70 minutes.
Tips for perfect Pumpkin bread
Quick bread-like this pumpkin bread are great for when you want homemade sweetbreads but do not want the work of traditional bread that requires kneading. Quick bread is easy and can be mixed up and tossed into the oven.
For the best quick-rising pumpkin bread be sure to use a fresh box of baking soda or baking soda that has been stored in an airtight container.
Do not over stir your pumpkin bread. This can activate the leveling before baking and leave your bread falling flat. To make this work mix your dry and wet ingredients separately and then combine until smoothe.
Be careful to measure liquids. Too much liquid can make your pumpkin bread cave in the center. Other things that can cause your bread to fall flat are too little baking soda or baking powder or letting your batter sit too long after mixing before placing in the oven.