Whether you need to soothe your wind chapped winter skin, dry sun damaged summer skin, or you just want a gentle cleanser that leaves it healthier than before this Soothing Aloe Face Wash has your skin covered! While Castille soap gently washes away dirt, makeup and oils the aloe and coconut oil soothe and condition skin. Lavender is one of my favorite go-to essential for it’s many uses and benefits. If you love this you will love my easy lavender lotion and hair spritzers. In this instance, it is great for- acne, inflammation, sunburn, and healing scars. Give this DIY natural facial cleanser a try today.
What you need to make your own soothing aloe face wash.
- ¼ cup distilled water
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
- 2 teaspoon almond castile soap
- 1 tsp. Coconut oil
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil
- 4 oz. bottle
How to make this easy soothing aloe face wash
Mix aloe and lavender essential oil to properly dilute the essential oil. I have been all about this Kashmir Lavender Essential Oil produced from lavender grown at the foothills of the Himalayas. The fragrance is almost intoxicating and the therapeutic properties are much higher than other lavender varieties.
Carefully add all ingredients into your 4 oz bottle. These can be found the travel section at the local Wal-Mart or Dollar Tree.
Now, I typically use mild Castille when creating my face washes but I had almond on hand this time and decided to give it a try. The scent is amazing and I discovered that the almond oil in the soap is also great for soothing, softening, and balancing your skin so it will be my new homemade natural face cleanser base from here on out!
To use your amazing new aloe face wash:
- You will want to shake this little bottle before each time you use it just to be sure it is well mixed and you get the benefit of all the ingredients.
- Next apply a teaspoon or so to a pad, washcloth, or right in your hand and gently massage across your face in an upward motion.
- Rinse well with water.
- Pat gently dry.
- Follow up with tonner and a light moisturizer that is right for your skin type.
- Why not try CBD face masks after this to further soothe your skin.