WD40 is one of those simple things every home should have on hand. It has so many handy uses that you are guaranteed to be glad you had it on hand when the need arises. Sure you know you can use WD40 for squeaks and such around the house but that is just the start when it comes to uses for WD40. We all need hacks to make chores easier like these handy uses for Scrubbing Bubbles or these ones for Pine-Sol.
Handy uses for WD40
1. Get crayon off the walls. As a parent, this one is my favorite use. Ever since they came out with a trigger spray version of WD40 my life has been so much easier. A spray on the wall and a wipe down with a microfiber cloth and crayon comes off any hard surface without and scrubbing.
2. Calm the pain of a sting. A bit of WD40 can take away the pain of a bee or wasp sting. A handy thing anyone should know. We learned this one after my son decided to grab a wasp with his bare hands. A hard lesson he learned with that choice. I don’t think he ever grabbed at a large bug again.
3. Remove the sticky goo from jar labels. I love reusing jars around the house. after peeling off the label rub a little WD40 on it and wash off. The residue just melts away.
4. Get gum off virtually anything. IF you have kids around you may find gum in places you would rather not. Hair, the sofa, your floor, the list goes on. WD40 realizes the stick of chewing gum for easy cleaning.
5. Make things shine. From plastic plants to the trophies on the shelf WD40 can leave a glossy shine when used to clean and buff.
6. Make zippers glide smooth with a squirt of WD40. Oh, how I wish I would have known this one before cutting my son out of his winter coat before…
7. Remove duct tape. If you have ever had to remove the stick goopy, the mess left from duct tape you know it is next to impossible. That is until you try WD40 to remove the goo.
8. Remove scuff marks off the floor. Something about scuff marks on a clean tile floor drives me crazy. WD40 is a great solvent for removing the rubber marks left behind by dark bottomed shoes and boots. Every bowling ali owner needs to know this one for when people don’t follow the rules.
9. Clean and shine your stainless steel appliances. While best not used on your stainless sink or countertops where food may come into contact it will make that fridge door shine and reduce fingerprint messes left behind by little ones.
10. Clean and shine glass. WD40 is great for cleaning windows and mirrors and making them stay clean longer.