Having a place to rest your head and relax which you can call home is the desire of everyone. Keeping the home ambiance beautiful and well organized should also be a priority of everyone who resides in a home. One of the known ways of maintaining the home in good shape is interior decoration.
It is good to keep the outer environment neat and welcoming, but it is more important to keep the interior of the home sparkling and beautiful. This speaks a lot about the inhabitants of the house and their attitude to life. Interior decoration and design requires a lot of expertise, but one thing to note when renovating home interior is the use of glass shelves.
Glass shelves are not new, even though they now come in different unique forms, but the truth is that they have been around for quite some time. The importance of glass shelves cannot be overemphasized as its use is not limited to just the home, but it can be used virtually anywhere.
They can come in various shapes and sizes, depending on the purpose they want to serve. Some of the most popular shapes are rectangle, circle, triangle, and square. Some can also be customized in a bent fashion that corresponds to the desired design of whoever orders for it.
There are different forms of glass used in making glass shelves, but of great importance are the customized and the tempered glass. The tempered glass is more advantageous due to its strength and durability. It also does not shatter into small shards when broken, hence, providing better protection against injury.
`Important Rooms To Consider
During the renovation of home interiors, it is essential to note that you should plan some important places in the house to accommodate some lovely glass shelves. Some of these places include:
1. Living room: This is the showbiz of the house as this is where visitors are entertained. The luxurious feel that glass shelves have, makes it very important in the living room. Apart from this, the floating glass shelves allow for more space in the living room as it can comfortably accommodate quite a number of this that might just be lying around. In the gallery section of the living room, one can also use the glass shelves to place television and cable support.
As a form of extension in the living room, the floating glass shelves can also serve the purpose of storing wines, though some people prefer this feature in the dining room. Glass shelves can come in various colors or can be transparent; the importance of this is that it can help to enhance the color and beautification of the living room.
2. Bathroom: The glass bathroom shelves also serves the purpose of accommodating your toiletries while it gives your bathroom a lovely appearance.
3. Kitchen: This is another important room in any home that should have a floating glass shelf. Everyone likes beauty, and the glass shelf can be given full credit in providing this. Aside from beautification, however, the floating glass shelves, especially the transparent ones, can allow you to easily see the culinary ingredients and equipment arranged in them, thus making identification easy.
4. Bedroom: If you were to choose between a bedroom without a design and one with a welcoming and luxurious feel, you would certainly opt for the latter option. Even though the bedroom is known to accommodate you most times when your eyes are shut, you will still want your room to be beautiful, and this is where the importance of the glass shelves comes in. They serve the purpose of providing a calm and lovely atmosphere in the bedroom; if there is anywhere you need to try out customized shapes of tempered floating glass shelves, then, it should be the bedroom.
Also, you can easily keep and pick up anything from there, which can include books, creams and perfumes, and even your devices.
Things To Note When Getting The Right Glass Shelves For Renovation
- Consider the size and carrying capacity of the floating shelves. Most manufacturers usually indicate it in the pack, but if it is not present, try asking for this information as this is important to determine the kind of load you will place on it.
- Consider your wall. It is a renovation, and so the kind of wall you intend to attach glass shelves to is essential. Some supports will not work on some walls while some brackets will not work on others. Whether your wall is ceramic, plastered or made of sheetrock, you must find out from the shelf manufacturer what kind of wall is it suitable for.
- The kind of material the support and bracket are made of is also essential. There are different support materials which include steel, chrome, brass, and bronze. Some of this reflects on the wall and is suitable for glass shelves while some other ones enhance the aesthetic appeal of the floating glass walls by not being too revealing.
On a concluding note, glass shelves are crucial considerations during home renovations, and a strong understanding of their relevance in different parts of the home can go a long way in giving your home a new look.