Ever think about starting your own business and working from home? Wonder how to balance work and kids? Why not give involving your child in your home business a try? You might just be surprised how easy it can be to balance family and business.
Those of you that know me know that I run multiple businesses from home. This blog, I work as a Virtual Assistant and content writer, and I sell children’s books. As you can guess that means I have my hands full as a business woman and a homeschooling mom of five. The best trick I have learned to balance it all is to get the kids involved in my business.
They help me pick the books we will buy to promote and create fun things to go with each book.
They hep me create crafts, and homeschool posts here on SimpleAtHome.com.
And they even help me run my social media. Below is a pic of my oldest two sitting around helping load Tailwind so it can pin outposts on Pinterest all day long.
Do I feel guilty about putting my kids to work? No way. Child labor laws aside I know that my kids are learning valuable life skills like
- Drive to succeed
- Basic business skills
- and the knowledge that they CAN break the mold.
We don’t end it there either. My business is not the only one in the family. We drag the older kids along to events to help run food stands and my sister’s ice cream truck. They love that we let them set up their own popcorn stand and deal with the transactions themselves. Older people can’t get enough of seeing them working now the days of mowing lawns and lemonade stands are long gone.
They really enjoy the pride they get from a long hard day of work.
Want to learn more about working from home? Find great resources to help you balance work and family? Check out the Ultimate Work At Home Bundle. This bundle is packed with over $2000 worth of e-books, online glasses, and bonuses to help your work at home business thrive including…
- The Work-at-Home Survival Guide by Caitlin Pyle (17.00)
- Busy Moms Building: 12 Steps to Running Your Own Online Business for Busy Moms by Monica Froese ($147.00)
- Mom Boss on a Budget by Holly Chubb ($79.00)
- Balancing Diapers and Deadlines: A Busy Mom’s Guide to Minimizing Decisions, Integrating Kids, and Getting More Done by Lisa Tanner ($47.00)
- Summer Sanity Savers for the Work-at-Home Mom: Sanity-Boosting Systems and Strategies So you Can Have a Peaceful, Productive AND Profitable Summer! by Prerna Malik ($9.00)
- and so much more for only $47!