SEO is Search Engine Optimization In other words SEO is how you get Google and other search engines to show your site to people searching. Today I am sharing a few Keys to SEO and an awesome framework that will give your site an SEO boost. A large portion of this sites traffic comes from Google and that was not an accident. Every post contains key words that when searched Google pulls up. (after the bots come by.) This posts key words are Keys to SEO. And you will see them several times for a reason. While you do not just stuff your keywords in (Google hates that) you need to be sure to use you keywords several times in several places. These places are your KEYS to SEO.
5 Keys to SEO to get Google’s Attention
1. Title: Your title is 90% of your SEO. You should have your keywords in your title as close to the start as you can. As you see if I removed the 5 I cold boost my SEO just a tad but, the headline would not get as much attention. Sometimes you have to rob Peter to pay Paul when it comes to headlines.
2. The URL: Here is where you can fix the above issue a bit. For me I removed the 5 leaving only my keywords in my URL. You can also remove stopwords like for, own, my, etc. Keep your URL clean. Changing your settings to remove the date and category using only post title for your URL. If your site is not new you will need a redirect plug in to keep all old inbound links working but the SEO is worth the extra plug in. If you are starting a new site do this NOW do not wait.
3. Images: Many people over look SEO in images but the truth is it is a great place to pad your SEO without stuffing your post with your focus keywords until it no longer makes sense. First when naming your file on your computer use your focus Keywords. This will help you show up in Google image search. Next be sure your alt tag has your keywords. But to not just stuff your keywords and go. Set this one up with what you want pins on Pinterest to say. Remember Keywords are just as important on your Pinterest.
Good SEO is keep to steady traffic
4. Headings: Every post should have at least one heading other then your title. That heading should contain your focus keywords. Set this heading as H2 to tell Google HEY THIS IS IMPORTANT! One tip another blogger gave me is to make sure your subheadings are styled different from your title so it does not look like you have started a new post.
5. That first paragraph: Sometimes this can be hard to work in, but is truly a Key to SEO. You want your keywords to be placed inside your firs 140 charterers if you are not using a meta description. If you are sing a meta description just get as close to the top as you can. This makes it clear what your post is about.
Looking for a behind the scenes SEO boost? Check Out Genesis Framework from StudioPress.com
Do you have your own Keys to SEO?
Want more blogging help? Head over to Blogging 101.