Shrimp is one of those things I can;t stand that my husband and son love. So on occasion I grab some to whip up. On this particular day, I was frying chicken something I do not do often but, we all love when I do. I grabbed out a bag of small shrimp from the freezer and fried them up in the leftover batter. The end result? Our own batch of popcorn shrimp or as I call them Shrimp Poppers.
- Homemade popcorn shrimp poppers
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup four
- 1/8 teaspoons salt.
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper melody
- 1/4 teaspoons hot paprika.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1/5 teaspoon onion powder.
- 1/5 teaspoon dried parsley.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil.
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- 1 bag small shrimp
Make your own popcorn shrimp poppers
- Beat egg and milk together. Add in salt and pepper.
- Mix flour and remaining spices together.
- Remove tails from shrimp (I may have learned this step the hard way before) and place into egg and milk mixture.
- Move shrimp to the flour spice mixture mixing well.
- Fry in oil preheated to 350 degrees until golden brown.
- Serve hot
These are a favorite and I soon found myself making them every time I fry up chicken. These go well with classic cocktail sauce or even your favorite barbecue sauce. Seeing bags of shrimp can very in size you may have some leftover batter. Simply mix the milk mixture in with the four and spices and drop balls of mixed batter into your hot oil for homemade hushpuppies.