Don’t get me wrong. I love my homemade all natural cleaners but, there’s something about scrubbing bubbles that makes me happy. Especially when I am nesting. If you ask my husband and kids they will tell you I can get a bit crazy with it and if I break out the scrubbing bubbles you better get moving because anything that doesn’t move gets cleaned. Over the years I have found some great uses for Scrubbing bubbles.
Uses for scrubbing bubbles
1. Carpet stains. Scrubbing bubbles is great for helping pull up food based stains up easy. Simply spray, let bubble up and blot up with a clean white cotton cloth. Repeat until stain is gone.
2. Make cleaning walls has never been easier. spray a thin coat of scrubbing bubbles on the wall, let it sit for a minute or two and wipe off. This is best for semi-gloss paint but you can do a patch test on other wall coverings before using this trick. While I am at it I give the baseboards a spray too.
3. Make your patio set shine. Dirt and grime build up on your patio table but a quick spray of scrubbing bubbles makes cleaning it off easy. Follow up with a spray from your hose and you are done. This is also great for cleaning the mail box and other outdoor fixtures that don’t get much attention.
4. Make your kitchen shine. From the goo behind the faucet to the outside of your appliances. Scrubbing the kitchen can become scrubbing free when you have scrubbing bubbles do all of the work. When I went through my fly lady stage I always kept a bottle by my sink to make it shine.
5. Clean your car with scrubbing bubbles. Scrubbing bubbles can get the dust, dirt, and grime off of your dashboard and other hard and vinyl surfaces in just a few minutes really cutting down on the time it takes to detail your car.
6. Kill spiders, bugs and other things that get into the house. A little-known trick for killing small unwanted critters in the house is to spray them with scrubbing bubbles. It expands and thickens making it hard to move legs and wings trapping the critter and suffocating it. Not the most humane death but a good option if you need to kill a venomous spider or insect that is out to cause your family harm. My grandmother may be guilty of killing a few lizards this way in Florida.
7. Clear away stuck-on food from inside your fridge, microwave, and from areas where kids may have hidden food. You know it happens and scrubbing bubbles make’s dealing with it so much easier. Bonus? It also gets rid of the boogers toddlers have a habit of hiding around. Simply spray onto stuck on messes and let sit before wiping away.
8. Make moving in and out cleaning easy. Because scrubbing bubbles can clean nearly any surface cleaning an empty house is a breeze just pray EVERYTHING working from one side of the room to the next then start at the beginning and wipe it all off with a towel. Use the towel to wipe the floor on your way out of the room and everything is ready to sparkle for your move out inspection.