Their comes a time in every parents journey that our child asks “What is Sex?” I think that question makes our hearts skip a beat. That is one of those moments my husband ducks out of the room. Out of the responsibility of handling such a tough subject.
As a mother I fear I will mess up and tell my child something the wrong way. For christian parents it is so hard. We want to answer our child’s question truthfully but we also want to protect our child. When our child asks “What is sex?” we have so many worries from where did they hear that word to how much is too much? How do I know I covered all the bases?
For parents looking to answer the answer to “What is sex” have a place to turn
The talk is a 7 lesson curriculum to teach your child everything they need to know about sex in a clean, biblical way. From what is sex to how babies grow. What God intends sex to be and what is a good touch bad touch helping your child know when to go to you.
The talk helps you teach your child about sex in a safe way
Each lesson takes about 10-15 minutes to complete and covers all f the bases to help you answer “What is sex?”.
- Lesson 1 deals with the differences between male and female(Genesis 1:24-27), giving children a simple understanding of their own bodies and the
differences between male and female sexual organs. (Line drawings of internal male and female anatomy are included.)
- 2 discusses God’s command for the human race to multiply (Genesis 1:28-31). Giving children a basic understanding of sexual intercourse and how babies are conceived. (Line drawing of sperm and egg is included.)
- Lesson 3 addresses the development of human life in the womb(Psalm 139:13-18). Giving children a picture of the wonder of how babies grow and are born. (Line drawings of fertilization, implantation, and a baby’s growth in the womb are included.)
- 4 deals with the intimacy that is created through sex (Genesis 2:18-25), giving children an understanding of the goodness of sex in marriage and how it creates a strong bond between a man and a woman.
- Lesson 5 discusses the sin of adultery (Exodus 20:1-2, 12-17), giving children a biblical understanding of why it is wrong.
- 6 addresses the difficult subject of rape and sexual abuse (2 Samuel 13:1-2, 16-14). Reminding children of the importance of talking to their parents about anyone who touches them in an inappropriate manner.
- Lesson 7 deals with the importance of honoring God with one’s body because God has bought us with a price (1 Corinthians 6:18-20).
Can I really teach my child about sex?
This program is recommended for children between ages 6 and ten. If you feel this is too young check out why I feel you need to jump the gun on this lesson and have the talk before someone else dose. You can give your child all the answers and they can keep their innocence.