Saint Patrick’s Day is like that turning point of spring for me. Growing up in Michigan we always said March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb. Something about green clover makes me think of spring, fresh air, grass, and running free. This simple Saint Patrick’s Day Wreath is perfect to display on your front door or in any room you want to add some cheer too.
What you need to make your own Saint Patrick’s Day Wreath
- Green foam wreath form
- Thick burlap ribbon
- Assorted wooden scrabble tiles
- Silk carnations or clovers
- Hot glue, glue gun
How to make this simple Saint Patrick’s Day Wreath
1. Begin by adding a dab of glue to the end of the burlap ribbon. Press it to the inside of the wreath form and hold in place until secure.
2. Start wrapping the burlap around the wreath, wrapping tightly as you go. Overlap the burlap as you wrap to make sure it is all covered.
3. Finish wrapping. Once covered, add a dab of glue to the end of the remaining burlap and press it to the Saint Patrick’s Day Wreath.
4. Snip off the heads of the carnations or clovers. Add a dab of glue to the back of each and press to the corner of the wreath. Continue adding pieces until the area is nice and full.
5. Arrange the tile letters to spell out IRISH or LUCKY. Add a dab of glue to the back of each and press them over the foliage you added. Arrange the letters as shown to spell out the word.
6. Take an additional piece of ribbon or burlap to create a hanger. Just wrap the piece around the wreath and tie at the top. Hang as desired.