Mmmmmm Fall is rolling in and the Apples are in season. Apple cider, apple pie, and apple everything is popping up left and right. This easy apple cider syrup can be made at home to top pancakes or make your own specialty coffee for pennies on the price of expensive coffee drinks at the local coffee shop.
When cooking this up every year my whole house smells amazing. Once I cooked it up on the same day I had apple butter cooking away in the crockpot and well my poor neighbors had to smell the apples and spices down the road.
What you need to make Apple Cider Syrup:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
How to make Apple Cider Syrup
Mix in a medium saucepan. Simmer on medium for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Do not let boil. Store apple cider syrup in the refrigerator or preserve by canning. This recipe can be doubled and tripled easy and cooked for several hours in your slow cooker. Just be aware that someone may raid your stash of syrup if they find out you have a large batch. 😉
Awesome ways to use Apple Cider Syrup
- Top pancakes or waffles.
- Flavor your coffee.
- Pour over cheesecake. (Yes easy Apple Cider Cheesecake. You can thank me later)
- Top ice cream.
- Mix with powdered sugar and butter for apple cider frosting.
- Dip donuts or muffins into it and it then some cinnamon topping.
- Mix with yogurt for an apple cider dip.
No matter what you do with this homemade apple cider syrup, you are bound to get a good reaction from your friends and family. You may want to save some for your thanksgiving celebration this year.
What is your favorite fall apple treat?