Formula. An essential for many babies. The cost is high, and When WIC runs out, any families are at a loss. Some water the formula down more than they should, to make it last, but that can hurt your baby. Maybe you were in
an emergency or disaster and lost your stock. Today I am here to give you a little help. You have options.
Find free formula
- Sign up for free formula samples. While these offerings may vary from the brand you are using but in a pinch, it can be handy to have and who knows you may find a more affordable formula that works even better for your baby.
- Call your doctor’s office and local hospital many have samples in the office.
- Combine coupons with sales to get free or close to free formula. Call your formula company and ask for coupons.
- Call your local food bank many stock baby items.
Donated breast milk
- While milk banks focus on milk for preemies, it doesn’t hurt to find out if they have an overstock.
- If you have a sibling or close friend that is nursing ask. Many nursing mothers keep a good stash in the freezer that may very well never get used.
- HumanMilk4HumanBabies is a great place to find donated breast milk.
Make your own formula
If you run out of the formula, you may find yourself in the situation where you need to try and make some on your own. Your not the first mom to be in this spot and you won’t be the last. This recipe uses evaporated milk you can make your own evaporated milk while this is the least healthy option it is the cheapest if things are very tight and will tide baby over for a while in a pinch. Be sure to use this for a limited time and if possible give your baby a vitamin supplement if using this one.
Raw milk baby formula
Goat milk formula
liver based formula
Times get tough but remember mom they will get better you just have to push through till they do.
Need more help?
Visit these posts for more help during tough times.
- What to do when you run out of diapers.
- What to do when you run out of food
- Get a box of free baby goodies from Amazon
- How to make a meal from your pantry
- Learn how to build a stockpile without a lot of money
- Find out how to save money on your electric bill
- Learn how to keep your home safe and warm for less.
- Food basics to save you money
Need more ideas to survive times of struggle? Join us in the new Facebook group. Recession Proof.