Today my friend Jody from A Sip of Southern Sunshine is sharing a simple hot oil treatment DIY
Make your own hot oil hair treatment
You will need:
- 1 T.Coconut oil
- 1 T. Argan oil
- 5 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil
- Heat coconut oil and argan oil a microwave safe dish in 30 second increments, just until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in essential oils.
- I chose Rosemary and Lavender not only for the wonderful scent but for their cleansing, shine adding, and hair strengthening qualities.
- Cover your shoulders with a towel to catch the drips.
- Apply immediately to damp hair while oil is still warm, combing through to distribute well.
- Allow mixture to sit on hair for 5 minutes.
- Rinse out and wash with your favorite shampoo, You could also rinse with apple cider vinegar to condition naturally and help wash some of the oil out.
- If your hair still feels too greasy, wash again.