This site and easy Spoonful of Love craft should go on your list. You could do this with the little ones for Valentine’s day OR stock up on clearance Conversation Hearts Candies after the holiday to whip some of these up for Mothers Day. I’m sure Grandma would love this to show off in her kitchen.
What you need for your own Spoonful of Love
- Wooden spoon
- Pink craft paint, paint brush
- Craft glue or hot glue, glue gun
- Candy Conversation Hearts
Make your own Spoonful of Love craft
1. Begin by applying two coats of craft paint to the wooden spoon. Allow the coats to dry in between applications.
2. Once the spoon is dry, add a dab of glue to the back of a candy heart. Press it to the spoon and hold in place until dry.
3. Keep adding candy hearts one at a time until a “spoonful” of them are in place. Use a variety of colors, turning them empty or word side up. The choice is yours.
4. Take some ribbon of your choice and tie it around the handle of the wooden spoon.
5. Your spoonful of love craft is now ready for gift giving!