Don’t get me wrong I am all for breastfeeding. My first I exclusively pumped for 3 months (In High School) before I gave up. My 2nd I nursed for 19 months and my 3rd for 20 months (that cutie in the pic above) and now I am 5 months into nursing baby number 3 and updating this pretty old post. I won’t lie I have not always loved it. Here are a few things I hate about breastfeeding.
1) Leaky boobs. This round I have an oversupply issue. In the mornings when baby sleeps for a few hours we wake up both soaked in milk. Yes breast pads and all. This one duct on the right side can leak an entire ounce in one feeding on the other side. No idea where all that milk comes from. Baby so much as smiles and milk lets down it’s out of control.
2) Uneven breasts. No matter how much I focus on using the smaller side they have no intentions of evening out.
3) Smelling like milk. I swear I can not get enough changes of clothes and showers. Soooo much milk!
4) Engorgement. Baby sleeps to long and it feels like I have rocks in my breast. Which leads to yet more leaking.
5) Double (or tripple) Ds. Ok this one is not all bad. Hubby loves this one. Now I am training to do a Tough Mudder next year. Well no sports bra supports DD nursing breast the way I like. I miss my Bs from before I had kids 🙂
6) I miss having my body to myself. At this moment I am nursing my 4th child third breastfed baby. When this baby was born i was still nursing my toddler and sometimes I just want to scream because I don’t want a baby on me. It’s a good thing I love them and they are just sooooo cute.