Ever started a batch of mashed potatoes and remembered you don’t have anything to go on them? Yeah, I have done that and some main dishes just don’t leave enough drippings to make a gravy.
When this happens I whip up some Homemade Mushroom Gravy. It goes well with nearly anything and can get my husband to eat nearly anything I make.
Make your own Mushroom Gravy
Mushroom gravy is one that can easily become too salty so my best advice is start with as little salt as you can. You can always add salt later.
What you need:
- 1 package fresh mushrooms diced.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 Quart low sodium beef stock
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon onion chives
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- Saute diced mushrooms in unsalted butter.
- Add in low sodium beef stock.
- Sift in flour and spices except salt.
- Simmer on low until cooked down into a tick gravy.
- Add salt to taste if needed.
This gravy is just perfect and can spice up any dish. Speaking of spice if you like a little spice to your meal try adding a dash of red pepper flakes.