Everyone loves a creamy gooey mac and cheese. It is one of those comfort foods that just cheer you up on a rough day. Mac and cheese is the perfect dish to make in large quantities for parties, BBQ’s, and potlucks. With football season in full swing, holidays flying by, and summer get-togethers approaching this simple Creamy Baked Mac and Cheese should be added to your go-to list.
This recipe uses a lot of cheese. When you find cheese on sale take advantage. You can freeze cream cheese and each of the other cheeses included.
Make simple creamy baked mac and cheese
The best part of this dish s that it is super easy to make enough for a crowd. Use money saving apps like Checkout 51 to make your budget go further.
- 1/2 pound cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 pound elbow noodles cooked
- White pepper and salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Heat milk and cheeses over medium heat in a large saucepan until melted. Stir consistently.
2. Cook pasta to al dente.
3. Remove 1 cup of boiling water from pasta before draining. Stir into cheese sauce.
4. Place drained pasta into a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. Fold in cheese sauce until even. It will be a bit watery this is a good thing as the pasta will soak it up in the oven.
5. Mix bread crumbs and butter together. Sprinkle on top of mac and cheese.
6. Bake on 350 for 30 minutes.
This can go into a metal pan and right onto the grill to finish cooking at your next cookout so don’t be shy to take this recipe out for some fun.