Winter has set in and the kids are getting restless. Everyone is stir crazy and clueless on what to do next to kill boredom. Your desperately searching for frugal ways to keep kids busy. This list is bound to help get through the stress while you wait for the sun to come back out.
Cheap ways to keep kids busy
- Put the kids to work – My favorite of the frugal ways to keep kids busy is to get them to help out around the house. It may sound mean but you can make it fun. Get the kids together and do timed pickups or races. Give each child a plastic bag and set them off to race each other to see who can fill it first. This is a great way to get kids to declutter their rooms.
- Pull out the art box – Buying art supplies on sale and saving materials for reuse can make keeping your kids busy a frugal endeavor. You can plan crafts using Pinterest or just hand them the box and watch the magic happen. Keeping a box of less new and perfect supplies for this use is a great idea.
- Visit the library – Reading is a great boredom buster. A visit the library is a treasure trove of FREE adventures you can go on together making the library the ultimate frugal way to keep kids busy.
- Cook together – Nothing like getting daily tasks done, bonding, and keeping the kids busy all while they learn life skills and math right? Cooking together covers ALL of this at one time.
- Have a campout – Set up a camp out in the living room. You don’t have to spend anything to do a camp out in the living room. Old sheets and blankets make a great tent, use colored paper to make a fake fire, and raid the fridge for fun camping snacks. Encourage your children to let their imagination run wild as they explore the woods they are camping int (the house.)
- Have a family game night – Games are a great frugal way to keep kids busy. Get everyone together and raid the game stash. Have fun and maybe bend the rules a bit to make a game all your own. The bonding time is good for the whole family.
- Let the kids spend time on educational websites – Screen time is not a favorite way to keep kids busy but when you don’t have many options free educational websites like Teach Your Monster to Read can keep kids busy for hours having fun while helping them master vital skills. If your gonna do screen time why not make the most of it?
Frugal ways to keep kids busy makes the difference between a stressful and a fun day. Between mischievous toddlers and little angels.
Leave a Reply